To expedite your check-in process please fill out your medical history form on One Medical Passport. The Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. The Pre-Registration Department direct line is 952-887-6320 if you have clinical questions.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellation.
Food and Drink
The night before your surgery you may eat a light meal before 11:00 p.m. Do no eat anything after midnight. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything. You may drink clear liquids until 6 hours prior to your surgery (black coffee, water, gatorade, apple juice).
Local injection patients do not eat or drink anything 4 hours prior to your procedure.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings. We recommend something that buttons or zips down so you don’t have to pull it over your head.
Please leave valuables at home but remember we do need to see your ID, insurance card and payment if applicable.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Responsible Adult: someone 18 years of age or older who can drive you home and stay with you for 24 hours after your procedure.
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 952-832-9360 as soon as possible.